In addition to supervising counseling students, Elaine has taught the following courses in graduate counselor training programs:
- Career and Life Development
- Human Development
- Multicultural Counseling & Ethics, including concerns related to sexual orientation and religion/spirituality
She currently offers trainings for counselors in the following specialty areas:
Religion and Spirituality in Counseling
- Integrating Spirituality and/or Religion Into Counseling
- Ethics of Integrating religion and/or spirituality in counseling
- Working Through spiritual or religious countertransference
For resources on religion/spirituality in counseling, please go to
the following page:
Resources for Addressing Religion or Spirituality in Counseling
or you can visit my facebook page called
Religious & Spiritual Issues in Counseling
- Integrating EMDR and Internal Family Systems (Parts Work) in Counseling
Upcoming IFS Consultation Group for Therapists:
- IFS Consultation Group for Therapists (Fridays from 10:00 - 11:30 am MDT, beginning February 10 and continuing every 2nd Friday of the month thereafter) ~ This consultation group is for therapists who have taken an introductory workshop or course in IFS but have not been able to complete the Level 1 training. If you have taken a workshop or two and want assistance in using the model with your clients, this consultation group is for you. We will meet in-person at my Eldorado office (3 Caliente Road, Ste 10, Santa Fe NM 87508). The cost is $50 per meeting. For more information, call Elaine at (505) 930-5001 or send her an email ([email protected]).
- Introduction to Internal Family Systems Therapy , April 5th, 2019, Santa Fe Therapist Networking Group, Santa Fe, NM
- Working with Religious and Spiritual Faith in Therapy , March 8th, 2019, NMHU CE Program, School of Social Work, 9:00 am - 4:00pm, Santa Fe Higher Education Center, Santa Fe, NM.
- EMDR & IFS: Integrating Parts Work into EMDR Processing.