Meet Elaine Casquarelli, M.Ed., Ed.S., LMHC
(NM Lic. #0168171)
My Counseling Specializations Include Working with Clients on the Following Concerns...
- Achieving Life Goals
- Letting Go of Painful Emotional and/or Relational Patterns
- Exploring Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Navigating Life Transitions
- Exploring Spiritual Concerns
My Counseling Style
I approach counseling from a holistic perspective, attending to your heart, mind, body, spirit, and relationships.
First and foremost, I believe that the relationship between counselor and client is critically important. My hope is that you find a counselor with whom you can feel safe to share your experiences and know that you will be supported. That is why I offer a free initial consultation. During the consultation, we can talk about why you are seeking counseling, what we might do together to help you create the life you want, and then discuss whether I am the best counselor for you.
If you choose to establish an on-going counseling relationship with me, we will work toward helping you heal from the pain you experience in life and create the life you want by drawing from a variety of counseling approaches, including...
- Humanistic Counseling
- Internal Family Systems Therapy
Solution-Focused Approaches that utilize...
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Guided Imagery
- Mindfulness Practices
- Other Behavioral Practices
Together, we can identify the approaches that honor your specific needs and unique qualities. For more information about the counseling approaches from which I may draw, please click here.
The length of time we will spend in counseling together is variable and will depend on your needs and wants. Primarily, I offer short-term counseling. I define short-term counseling as ranging from 6 sessions up to about a year, and will be happy to talk about the projected duration of counseling during our initial consultation.
To read testimonials from workshop participants, click here.
To review my CV/Resume, click here.
Mondays -Thursdays: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Evening Appointments Available by Appointment
Counseling Appointments (50 Minutes): $100 per session
Insurance: I am private-pay only and do not take insurance. I have chosen to opt out of insurance payments for a number of reasons.
- I believe in counseling people, not disorders. Insurance companies require that each client be assigned a mental health disorder diagnosis. As noted above, I believe that many of our struggles result from the difficulties encountered in everyday life, not because we have a mental disorder. Hence, I disagree philosophically with the medical model of counseling that requires a diagnosis.
- I also value confidentiality and client privacy. My preference is to refrain from including personal information, such as a mental health diagnosis, on insurance documentation that may be seen by others.
- Additionally, insurance may cover some counseling services and not others. As a private pay client, I can provide you with the counseling services you want and need without having to abide by the limitations of your specific insurance policy.
is available in every moment!